Missions and activities
The AFIB (French Association of Biomedical Engineers) aims to promote, at all levels, reflection, action and training on the themes of clinical and/or biomedical engineering.
AFIB members are mainly engineers working for public or private health establishments, design offices and other institutions. The biomedical (or clinical) engineers are responsible for applying and implementing medical technology to optimize healthcare delivery. AFIB has about 300 members out of a total of 600 in the profession.
The members of the AFIB:
- A monthly newsletter (events, interviews…)
- IRBM-News, published in partnership with the Alliance for Biological and Medical Engineering (AGBM). This journal, written by biomedical engineers, is intended specifically for the profession.
The documents produced by the association on the website: State of the art in Medical Imaging, , Biology Laboratory, radiotherapy, anesthesia, and the documents in the "technological watch" section; but also have access to the presentations made during regional meetings.
- "biomedical meeting" organized annually by AFIB
- international healthcare meetings (eg : RSNA, ECR, AACC, ESA, ASTRO, ArabHealth…)
- biomedical / industrial engineering meetings,
- regional meetings of biomedical engineers
- In thematic working groups: maintenance, financial monitoring, etc....
- In reflections on the future of the profession,
- In the actions carried out by the association at national or international level.
Benefit from joint membership opportunities through partnerships with other professional associations:
- with IHF, French association of hospital engineers : www.ihf.fr
- with SFR, French radiology society: http://www.sfrnet.org/
Most important event of the year for the association, the AFIB annual meeting is an opportunity for the members to update their knowledge and exchange with professionals and manufacturers. This friendly meeting takes place each year in a different city. The meeting combines high levels sessions and workshops led by physicians or scientific experts. The presentations are then available to members.
European & International relations
The AFIB International committee is responsible for:
- Promote European exchanges in order to get feedback on our practices in France and develop our exchanges with French institutions, taking the best foreign organisations as an example
- Develop exchanges outside Europe to open up to countries with different health management systems.
- Develop North-South support for low and middle income countries. This axis should make it easier for French engineers to get involved in humanitarian missions.
The AFIB International committee is composed of 7 biomedical engineers led by Christophe Parret.
De gauche à droite : Bertrand BOULIGAND, Thomas GAULIARD, Christophe PARRET, Mikael DESLANDES, Maurice PAGE, Abderrahim BENHAGOUG, Tanguy LE FOL
Contact us at : Contact.email@example.com